Sign in to follow this  
Frog Turds

Looking For Non Rattle Walk The Doggies...

did some searching but not coming up with anything really. wanting something under 4" preferably like 3.25-3.50 size...

thanks!!

I have a Wooden Lucky Craft Sammy 100 that is silent. I might be willing to part with it.

How about Paycheck The One?

Zara Spook and Zara Puppies lol

Thing about the spook, if you ever listened to it as you fished, is the hook hangers become their own rattles. It actually a pretty noisy bait. I thought the Super Spook had rattles? Someone else can correct me on that.

Thing about the spook, if you ever listened to it as you fished, is the hook hangers become their own rattles. It actually a pretty noisy bait. I thought the Super Spook had rattles? Someone else can correct me on that.

Zara Puppy is 3" and is a pretty effective smallmouth lure. Not as effective as a Gunfish 95 however.

oe

The original Zara spook is rattle-less, along with the Zara puppy, which is somewhere around that 3 inch or so range. What about that wooden Lucky Craft Sammy, it's hook hangers don't make noise?

What about that wooden Lucky Craft Sammy, it's hook hangers don't make noise?

Very little. The Spook is hollow plastic, thus acts as a sound chamber. The wood Sammy is far quieter. There's a silent Megabass, too, I believe.

They are split rings off a wire loop and the wood insulates most of the noise. I actually fish Spooks, and they are noisy. They have a distinctive click that the wooden Sammy lacks. Two totally different baits.

Details, details, details. The Zara spook doesn't have split rings, just a hook straight to the metal brace thingy. I can see how the wood would be more silent though.

I can spare you the theory. I have both. The Wood Sammy is quiet. The Spook, not so much. BTW, a great spook mod is to remove the stock hooks and add a split ring between the hanger and the hook. Be sure to use an "inline" style hook.

• Like 1

LOL. Hey man, what's an "inline" style hook? I like to use EWG styles, but info is knowledge, knowledge is fish (here anyways)

i'm going to give the sammy a go. i probably should of been more specific but i was looking for which ever was the overall quietest. the style of the sammy and being wood is what i was exactly looking for...

Inline means just that, the eye is in line with one of the three hook points. It allows the hook to lay flat against the body of the bait, reduces hangups, and in theory is less likely to be thrown, amongst other things.

There's also the High Roller which is a pretty good bait. Quiet, not a lot of splash and splutter.

I have another wooden thing from Luhr-Jenson. Small, double bubble shaped walker - can't remember the name. Wood Walker, maybe? I use it when the smallies smack at the bigger baits.

I can spare you the theory. I have both. The Wood Sammy is quiet. The Spook, not so much. BTW, a great spook mod is to remove the stock hooks and add a split ring between the hanger and the hook. Be sure to use an "inline" style hook.

I agree 100 percent. I like the Zara Spook but the hooks make a lot of noise. The Sammy is much quieter. I also add split rings on my spooks too.

Super Spook Jr.