BASS-N-TATERS

To All My Memphis Pond Hoppers!

I will, henceforth, call this lake Greater Sutherland, and the small one to the east, Lesser Sutherland, So let it be written, so let it be done.

• Haha 1

I sure am ready for the cooler weather. I caught this 4lber during the cold spell we had about 2 weeks ago. Caught in Lakeland on a private lake/pond that my buddy lives by and has access to. 

FD7F2F9C-558F-42A2-AC04-89F62D810205.jpeg

Hey Pond hoppers, I've been out on dry land for too long!! hope everybody's been having good times catching big ones! So has anyone ever been fishing out on Horseshoe lake, in Arkansas? My 14 ft John boats is out there &I 've been fishing 3 times, but striking out every time! So my question for all you Hoppers is, does anybody know anything about Horseshoe Lake and catching any kind of fish out there? It's absolutely beautiful there. The cypress trees are amazing and super fun to drive the boat through. Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciative I'm thinking about heading out there Sunday afternoon... Hope to hear from you all!!

Lowe's pond 10/10/2018 late afternoon.

This guy, he was really really angry. He grabbed my wing ding as I was pulling it out of the water, just about to think this is BS I got to tie some other lure on this isn't working. Wasn't jigging it, just pulling it out like I was disgusted. Dude jumps out of the water grabbed it before I could realize what was going on. Ran under my kayak, snagged a treble hook from my other rod, and was darting around like he was on angel dust or something. Anyway that was fun. I only caught 3 and they were all angry.

Screenshot_20181010-203809_Photos.jpg

Epping Lake, you guys are missing out.

8 friggin pounds!

New personal best. I had one break off at 9am that must have been a similar size. I was about to turn in, 5 hours in a kayak will wear you out, but I really wanted my 6th Sense Hybrid swimjig back. In total I had 2 break my line. I've always used Stren low-vis green 14lb test, but I'm considering giving braided line another go. I've tried it before with no results, and all the while a little voice in my head saying "they can see it!"...

So I guess I'll have to get over that, I have learning to do.

Screenshot_20181013-192428_Photos.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/13/2018 at 7:26 PM, Boaz said:

Epping Lake, you guys are missing out.

8 friggin pounds!

New personal best. I had one break off at 9am that must have been a similar size. I was about to turn in, 5 hours in a kayak will wear you out, but I really wanted my 6th Sense Hybrid swimjig back. In total I had 2 break my line. I've always used Stren low-vis green 14lb test, but I'm considering giving braided line another go. I've tried it before with no results, and all the while a little voice in my head saying "they can see it!"...

So I guess I'll have to get over that, I have learning to do.

Screenshot_20181013-192428_Photos.jpg

Where is this place? Never heard of it, but nice fish!

• Like 1

Finally had weather and work schedule cooperating together for me this morning. Caught 3 in about 90 minutes on two different bodies of water. 

I finally dropped in on a place I’ve driven by a million times off Poplar headed toward Piperton. I’ve always noticed a spillway/channel behind some office buildings, but never stopped by. Fished it a bit and came up on the pond that sources the spillover. I caught a dink in the channel and a healthy 2 pounder off the rocks by the drainage off the pond. 

No idea if this pond is named or what. 

oxeu1Vj.jpg

Red: main pond

Yellow: channel

Blue: office parking(didn’t see any signs saying no parking)

Footnote: Snakes are still hanging around despite this current weather. Saw about a 3-4 foot moccasin or brown water snake go up under the rocks when I created the hill to the main pond. 

• Like 1

Anyone been out recently? This weather killed my drive, plus it’s busy season at work. Looking at past memories on Facebook, I was wading in Johnson Brush Pond this time last year. Completely missed the Fall bite this year. 

What's going on Pond Hoppers! 

Anyone been out lately? I know the weather has not been the best. I wasn't able to get out on the water with the warm spell this past weekend. 

Also, what are some of your guy's favorite winter lures?

Hot spot for crappie.

Shakeyhead and Ned rig have been my main producers recently. I’ve also caught a few on both dropshot and chatter bait. 

726371EB-14BE-4061-9E73-3208616DFC33.jpeg

On 12/27/2018 at 8:06 PM, BrushHog1906 said:

I've only caught one bass in over a month, it was at Epping Lake. it was a nice 3 or 4 pounder. I was catching bass in November with Rattletraps, but I caught this one with a spinnerbait i bought at Walmart with this awesome gold oversized willow blade. I may buy more.

20190105_153836.jpg

I saw where someone mentioned the pond by the autobahn speedway, drive by after work and there are a few no fishing signs , does anyone actually care enough to run a fisherman off?l or is it not worth worrying about? Seemed like a security guard patrolled the parking lot all day at autobahn but on the other side that business didnt have one. Will never understand what all these people have against people fishing 

The property is posted which means YOU CANNOT enter the property, period.

BassResource does not condone ANY illegal activity.

-Kent  a.k.a. roadwafrrior

Global Moderator