Sign in to follow this  
nastynate

Wash. Co. Md Potomac

Hey Nastynate, I live in Berryville, not too far away. Where is this part of the Potomac and is there boat access? How do you like your Veritas? Great bang for the buck huh? I have several myself and love them!

Actually got to do some fishing this morning.

2772696350073523278S425x425Q85.jpg2093732430073523278S425x425Q85.jpg2365407900073523278S500x500Q85.jpg2327302780073523278S500x500Q85.jpg

I know where Berryville is, i have done some hunting on Pyle town rode over in Boyce. This stretch of water I was fishing is called Tailors Landing and has a 2 boat ramps. Its below dam 4 and above Snyders landing. I was hoping to catch some more smallies but the largemouth wouldn't leave my jig alone. The Veritas is a bad *** rod for the money i would buy more but i just started getting into building my own rods and gonna be trying out MHX blanks. Hot Rod have you ever fished Lake Frederick off 522?

I know where Berryville is, i have done some hunting on Pyle town rode over in Boyce. This stretch of water I was fishing is called Tailors Landing and has a 2 boat ramps. Its below dam 4 and above Snyders landing. I was hoping to catch some more smallies but the largemouth wouldn't leave my jig alone. The Veritas is a bad *** rod for the money i would buy more but i just started getting into building my own rods and gonna be trying out MHX blanks. Hot Rod have you ever fished Lake Frederick off 522?

Nasty,

Yes, I fish it fairly often with a little success when the water warms. I hope to figure out how to fish the colder water this spring. Last I was there (a few weeks ago) water was a frigid 37deg. If you ever want to join me there or on the river (Doah) down here you are more than welcome. I am always looking for someone to fish with. Funny you mentioned hunting down this way as I just came in from a quick rabbit hunt with my 9 yr. old daughter!

post-23817-0-43628600-1330190595_thumb.j

post-23817-0-88328700-1330190662_thumb.j

How is the small mouth fishing in the Doah.

I fished it Thurs. from 10 - 3 caught 12 fish with best 5 pushing 12 lbs. The 2 in my avatar were best 2. A great fishery for #s with a great opportunity for a citation this time of year!

Last year June,July, and August i worked on the Target in Front Royal and never got a chance to drive over to the river and try it out. Kinda wish i did now. Thats how I found out about Lake Frederick. Im working in Richmond threw the week days on night shift till June and just got my Va licenes. Im trying to fiind some good spots worth fishing down here. There is water everywhere down here. Fished Rooty lake yesterday but no luck. I come home on the weekends and head stright to the river, soon as i get my new stickers for the boat ill be on the prowl for them Toads.