Sign in to follow this  
hydrilla6

Rod Makers Military Discount

I thank you for your service and respect your decison to serve. USAF RET 1985-2005

As a Vet (non combat) that his been out for a little over 20 years, my advice to you is to get over it. Don't walk around feeling like you are owed anything from anyone. You will be a happier person IMHO.

After 31 years of service and two years in combat in VietNam, I do not see any problem with him asking the question. Anyone taking advantage of Home Depot and Lowes military discounts? All the fellow wants is to buy American and if there is a military discount from anyone available to do so.

• Like 1

The original post has been modified. He was complaining about a rod builder offering a discount to a college student but not to a Vet.

After 31 years of service and two years in combat in VietNam, I do not see any problem with him asking the question. Anyone taking advantage of Home Depot and Lowes military discounts? All the fellow wants is to buy American and if there is a military discount from anyone available to do so.

I appreciate your service, think you come in a little late on this one as the original post has been edited appropriately.

Speaking of Military Discounts, Tackle Warehouse offers a 10% discount on each order.

• Like 2

Speaking of Military Discounts, Tackle Warehouse offers a 10% discount on each order.

I believe Gander Mountain has a similar discount.

I did not know that. The nearest BPS and Cabelas do 10% in the store.

From the Customer Service section of the Tackle Warehouse website.

Do you have a U.S. military discount?

Tackle Warehouse is honored to be able to provide our U.S. military service men and women with a 10% discount on all orders. We will ask that a current, valid military ID be sent or a copy of your DD214 if you are no longer serving, for verification purposes. Once this information is provided you are set to receive your 10% discount on all orders from Tackle Warehouse. Thank you all for your invaluable service to our country and sacrifice for our freedom. Note: Limit one discount or coupon per order. The military discount cannot be used in addtion to any sale or promotional discounts or coupons.

I believe Gander Mountain has a similar discount.

All depends on the store I have a list of all kinds of places that do and they are on it. How ever I went there one day on my way home from a yellow ribbon event befor this deployment I am on right now so I was in uniform had the sheet in my pocket with then listed a had a bucket full of jigs and rage tail products got to the register and they told me they would not honor it. Bummer yes but it wasn't a big deal. I usually dont ask for it but if I see a sign on the window and I'm already buying there then I will bring it up buy I don't go looking for it. Iv had places give me one just by seeing my ID in my wallet when I go to pay that's always nice. Also iv gotten ALOT of free coffee or breakfast from tim hortons/dunkin when I stop befor drill in uniform.

Bass pro is weird with there discount if u read there FAQ on there site but guys in my unit said once in the store they always give it regardless what your buying and what day it is.

Spending 12 1/2 years in the service, I can say to those who don't offer it. That is your freedom to choose. LOL! I'm sure there are some builders who would offer a discount. The only way you are going to know is by asking.

On a side note unless you plan on using NFC blanks or St. Croix blanks plan on getting a rod built in the U.S. on components made in China. Just a point.....

Get ahold of Deleware Valley Tackle ask them I know they are a sponsor here, even if you don't get a discount at least you know you'll be treated right.

Bass pro is weird with there discount if u read there FAQ on there site but guys in my unit said once in the store they always give it regardless what your buying and what day it is.

On fishing items, yes. I think when they advertise the discount they give it across the board, but I'd not swear to it. Normally on sonar, or other electronics they do not give it. Sale items often you get the better of the 2 discounts, but not both the sale price and an additional 10%.

Spending 12 1/2 years in the service, I can say to those who don't offer it. That is your freedom to choose. LOL! I'm sure there are some builders who would offer a discount. The only way you are going to know is by asking.

On a side note unless you plan on using NFC blanks or St. Croix blanks plan on getting a rod built in the U.S. on components made in China. Just a point.....

Get ahold of Deleware Valley Tackle ask them I know they are a sponsor here, even if you don't get a discount at least you know you'll be treated right.

Lamiglas as well.

All of the Falcon rods above the XD series are made in Broken Arrow, OK. The XD is Falcon Engineered and made in China.