Sign in to follow this  
Frog Turds

Nucanoe

seemingly quality units & a bit spendy. wondering who has one, tested them and/or thoughts...they have alot of good reviews, has definitely some plus sides to it, specifically the new frontier 12 version like in the 1st vid. able to get a bracket for a pedestal/swivel seat. transom for a TM with 650# capacity. its wide, heavier and you won't break any speed records vs other yaks but i think theres more pros with bassin out of one than cons and the stability is awesome for standing etc...

then BR member Nate Follmer on a 10' i believe testin one out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLvr0yamZBs&feature=related

specs;

•Built in scuppers

•Cast and blast decking

•Built in storage area

•2 built in cup holders

•Paddle holders

•2 multi seats w/sliders

Length 12′ Width 41″ Deck Width 20″ Weight 77 lbs Capacity 650 lbs Draft 3-5″ Max Power 2 HP or equiv.

Nucanoe site on it...

http://www.nucanoe.c...odels/frontier/

Its a popular boat...kinda heavy and spendy though..I'd check out the Jackson Coosa, and the Wilderness System Ride before you buy. The Ride & the Nucanoe would be better lake boats. The Coosa would be better on the river.

i'm looking at it for my girlfriend to pick up, mainly for lakes with that occasional river float on smaller rivers...i like the added stability standing for her & the TM option. then being able to go tandem just to kick around somewhere (non fishin)

If tandem paddling is requirement, I'd go with a longer hull...Take a look at the Native Ultimate 14.5.