Lowrance Announces Software Update for HDS Gen 3 and Elite-TI DisplaysLowrance Announces Software Update for HDS Gen 3 and Elite-TI Displays Lowrance Announces Software Update for HDS Gen 3 and Elite-TI Displays
Tulsa, Okla. – Lowrance announced today the release of new software updates for HDS Gen3, Elite-5 Ti and 7 Ti displays that include significant sonar enhancements, new Navionics functionality and general improvements. The update includes new Live Network Sonar, Navionics SonarChart Live, Navionics Plotter Sync and NMEA 2000 entertainment enhancements.
- Surface Clarity functionality has been enhanced to remove clutter without affecting targets, allowing anglers to reveal fish near the surface without filtering all sonar returns, which, at times - with the previous software - reduced the usefulness of the top portion of the water column. In addition, the new update helps anglers more easily distinguish between different levels of Surface Clarity, so the best possible view can be selected for current fishing conditions.
- Live Network Sonar allows HDS Gen3 users to view and control two independent, live sonar sources — like at the front and the back of the boat — from a single display. Eliminating the need for separate displays, or alternating networked sonar sources on a single display. Live Network Sonar is not available in the Elite-Ti update.
- SonarChart Live allows users to create 1-foot (.5-meter) HD bathymetric maps – in real time — on HDS Gen3 and Elite-Ti series displays. Created automatically while navigating, this feature converts sonar returns into detailed contour maps. SonarChart Live requires a Navionics mapping card with an active chart updates subscription.
- Plotter Sync allows anglers to download the latest Navionics chart data and transfer waypoints and routes between the Navionics app and a mapping card via the wireless connectivity of HDS Gen3 and Elite-Ti displays. Waypoints and routes can be imported from the Navionics card to the waypoints/routes/trails databases of HDS Gen3 and Elite-Ti displays. Plotter Sync requires a subscription to the Navionics app and a Navionics mapping card with an active daily updates subscription.
- NMEA 2000 Marine Entertainment/Audio Protocol updates enable HDS Gen3 displays to work directly with all third-party audio equipment that conforms to the latest standard, including select equipment from audio partners, JL Audio®, Infinity and Polk — with more to come. Marine entertainment enhancements are not available in the Elite-Ti update.
For more information about the Lowrance software update, HDS Gen3, Elite-5 Ti and Elite-7 Ti displays and other Lowrance marine electronics, or to locate an authorized Lowrance dealer, please visit www.lowrance.com.
Grow your fishing skills and improve your angling effectiveness.
Subscribe to the free weekly BassResource newsletter.