The Best Bass Fishing Lakes in Alabama
Largemouth and smallmouth bass are one of the most popular gamefish in Alabama, and for good reason. Alabama ranks as one of the top states when it comes to producing trophy bass. While nearly every body of water in Alabama seems to produce a giant bass every now and then, the lakes listed below are known for consistently kicking out trophy bass, which is why they're listed as the best bass lakes in Alabama.
- Lake Guntersville in Northern Alabama has a well-earned reputation for largemouth bass fishing. For decades, this famous fishery has produced amazing fishing opportunities for both numbers and size of big bass. Guntersville offers a variety of creek beds, drop offs, submerged timber, and other suitable habitat for trophy bass, but is most known for its vast weed beds. The water quality and abundant forage all make for producing quality black bass on a routine basis.
- Pickwick Lake along the Alabama-Tennessee border is best known for its trophy smallmouth fishing, but also has a healthy largemouth bass population too. For decades, Pickwick has been kicking out big bass on a regular basis, despite heavy fishing pressure. The climate and habit combine to create an ideal environment for growing giant bass.
- Lake Eufaula on the Alabama-Georgia border is a well-established bass fishing destination that pumps out giant bass on a regular basis. The legendary fishery boasts an abundant above-average sized largemouth bass population, making Eufaula a "must visit" site for serious bass anglers.
- Wilson Lake, located in Northern Alabama, has an abundance of largemouth, smallmouth, and striper bass. It has a wide variety of offshore and shallow water structure such as rock bluffs, long points, and big spawning flats for bass to congregate. The excellent habitat and forage base make for a one-two punch for producing substantial numbers of big bass.
- Logan Martin Lake is located in east-central Alabama on the Coosa River. It's well known for having a healthy population of big largemouth bass, but it also boasts true trophy spotted bass as well. Logan Martin's well-earned reputation for producing plenty of quality bass has made it popular with recreational and professional anglers alike.
Alabama Fishing Licensing Information
Licenses By Phone: 1-888-848-6887