The Best Bass Fishing Lakes in Louisiana
Largemouth bass are one of the most popular freshwater gamefish in Louisiana, and for good reason. Louisiana ranks as one of the top states when it comes to largemouth bass fishing, making it difficult to narrow down the top choices. While many bodies of water in Louisiana produce their share of giant bass every now and then, the ones listed below are known for consistently kicking out numbers of big bass, which is why they're listed as the best bass lakes in Louisiana.
- Toledo Bend Reservoir straddles the Texas-Louisiana border and is a consistent producer of trophy largemouth bass. Toledo Bend's reputation for producing plenty of quality bass has made it popular with recreational and professional anglers alike.
- Caddo Lake has long been known as one of the top trophy bass lakes in the nation. Despite heavy pressure from recreational and tournament anglers alike, it continues to produce double-digit bass year after year. Giant largemouth exceeding 15 pounds have been caught in recent years, making Caddo Lake a bucket list item for serious bass anglers.
- Caney Lake is located in Northern Louisiana in Jackson Parish, and hosts a very healthy population of monster bass. Six of the top ten largemouth bass records—all over 15 pounds—that have been caught in Louisiana came from Caney Lake. To some, it's the best trophy bass lake in the state. True trophy bass anglers make the trip in the hopes of catching one of these giants.
- Lake D'Arbonne is another Northern Louisiana lake with an exceptional trophy largemouth population. Large, wide flats filled with trees is the primary cover available to these monsters that routinely push the 15-pound mark. It's a top Louisiana destination for recreational boaters and big bass anglers alike.
- The Red River is over 250 miles long, and hosts some of the best big bass fishing in Louisiana. 4-8 pound lunker largemouth are common, with the occasional double-digit giant caught every year. Anglers flock to the Red River because the opportunity to catch a trophy bass is very high.
Louisiana Fishing Licensing Information
Licenses By Phone: 1-888-765-2602