10 Gifts For Dad Under $5010 Gifts For Dad Under $50 These Father's Day gift ideas will have Dad convinced he is the number one angler in your life!
By By Mike Gnatkowski/gnatoudoors.com
Father’s Day is fast approaching. Instead of a tie or another pair of socks this year, why not get Dad something that he’ll really enjoy? If your Dad is an avid bass fisherman, there’s a surfeit of gifts you can purchase for under $50 at your local sporting goods store or on a website.
Do so will yield a wide grin to his face on this special day. You’ll find a myriad of extremely functional fishing rods that can be purchased for less than a replica of Ulysses S. Grant. It’s easy to find a quality rod that is made of high-tech graphite with quality hardware and a bargain at less than $50. While not state-of-the-art, there are some reasonably priced, very serviceable reels that you can match to the rod that will last Dad a lifetime.
Of course, he can always use more fishing apparel including deck shoes, polarized glasses or a tackle bag. That and much more can be had without breaking the piggy bank. All are gifts that will have Dad convinced he is the number one angler in your life.
1) Abu Garcia Vengeance Casting Rods: Offering solid performance at a great price, the Abu Garcia Vengeance Casting Rods balance form with function. The combination yields an affordable rod with maximum performance capabilities. The 24-ton high-modulus graphite blanks are lightweight and sensitive, yet powerful. Stainless steel framed guides with Zirconium coated inserts are durable enough to stand up to braided lines, providing long smooth casts and additional weight reduction. Each Vengeance Casting Rod also features a Soft Touch Sea Guide Reel Seat and high-density EVA contoured rear and fore grips. Abu Garcia Vengeance Casting Rods deliver legendary performance and quality at an economical price. Available in 6’6” medium and medium/heavy, 7’ medium/heavy and 7’6” heavy action models.Retail – $49.99
2) Mr. Beer Premium Edition Home Brew Kit: Nothing is as satisfying as an ice-cold beer after a long day on the water. The only thing more satisfying is if you made it yourself. Now Dad can make his own special brew right in the confines of the home. The Mr. Beer Premium Edition Home Brew Kit can make up to two gallons of golden nectar in as little as 14 days. It's fun, easy to use and completely reusable. The kit comes with a 2-gallon fermenter, standard brew pack, eight bottles, caps and labels and a brewer's guide.
Retail – $44.95
3) Plano Tackle System- This rugged, polyester Plano Tackle System features a molded impact-resistant waterproof base, three external Speed Zip side pockets, and two tool holders. There's a large mesh pocket on the back and a clear map pocket on the inside of the top lid. Other features include an internal key clip holder and an elastic band organizer. The Tackle System comes with a Worm Speed Bag that holds up to 20 standard-size worm bags, and an assortment of StowAway® Utility Boxes: three 3750 boxes, two 3700 boxes, and one 3601 box perfect for everything from worms to crankbaits. A carry handle and shoulder strap make it easy to take along. Imported.
Retail – $49.97
4) Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle: A hot cup of coffee on a cold morning or a cool beverage when the sun is beating down in the afternoon is a wonderful thing. This 1.4-quart vacuum bottle is just like Grandpa's original Stanley with a rustproof, vintage green finish. It features a double-wall stainless steel construction for maximum durability. The vacuum insulated bottle keeps liquids hot or cold for up to 24 hours. The vintage lid doubles as an 8-ounce cup and the easy pour stopper allows you to pour without taking the stopper off. Dimensions: 3.8" L x 6.2" W x 14" H.
Retail – $34.95
5) Strike King S11 Optics Polarized Sunglasses: Strike King's S11 Optics feature scientifically engineered high-contrast lens that alter the light spectrum to enhance visual clarity for all fishing conditions. Whether it's a clear or overcast day, muddy or clear water, this revolutionary eyewear will dramatically improve an angler's ability to see into the water and locate structure and fish. Bi-Gradient mirror treatment helps provide that extra protection from light bouncing off the water and direct sunlight from above, which lets the lens do the squinting for you. Available in blue metallic or white/black. Style- Polarized, wrap, sport, semi-rimless. 100 percent UVA/UVB.
Retail – $32.99
6) Suede Oxford Deck Shoes: Bass anglers spend a lot of time on their feet. That’s why it’s important to have a comfortable pair of shoes that provide a sure grip and support when you’re fishing. You won’t find a more comfortable, yet rugged, pair of deck shoes than these offered by legendary outfitter L.L. Bean. The suede upper is durable and breathable. Ultra-lightweight construction ensures outstanding stability and comfort. Compression molded midsoles provide support when you're on your feet all day. Thick polyurethane insoles provide all-day cushioning and step-in comfort from the very first wear. Non-marking outsoles are sipped for traction on slippery surfaces, like boat decks. Color: Brown Imported.
Retail – $49.99
7) Abu Garcia Black Max Baitcasting Reel- This value-priced Abu Garcia reel features a smooth-retrieve, 4+1 bearing system and unmatched durability to withstand rigors of hardcore fishing. Lightweight graphite frame and body weigh just 7.9 ounces. The compact bent handle and star provide a comfortable feel during retrieves. Machined aluminum spool provides strength while reducing excess weight. Power Disk drag system gives smooth drag performance. Duragear brass gear provides extended gear life. MagTrax brake system gives consistent brake pressure throughout cast and eliminates backlashes. Recessed reel foot allows for more ergonomic reel design. Includes limited one-year manufacturer's warranty.
Retail – $49.99.
8) Under Armour Offshore Armour Iso-Chill Long Sleeved Shirt: Iso-Chill is a technology practically born for fishermen. It actually feels cool to the touch. Mesh side panels provide ideal ventilation; 4-Way Stretch fabric allows greater mobility and maintains shape. Signature Moisture Transport System wicks sweat away from the body. Anti-Odor technology prevents the growth of odor-causing microbes 30+ Stain release materials keeps blood, soil & sweat from soaking in. Smooth, chafe-free flatlock seam construction. Made of nylon/Elastane. Imported.
Retail – $49.99
9) Team Daiwa T Series Casting Rods: This is a tournament-class performance rod at a price that won’t break the bank. The Team Daiwa T Series Casting Rods feature super sensitive IM-7 graphite blanks that have the power to muscle bucketmouths out of the thickest cover, as well as the ideal actions and tapers to excel at a range of bass fishing applications. Lightweight Fuji Aluminum Oxide Guides are lightweight, durable and help reduce friction. Premium Fuji ACS Reel Seats offer direct contact with the blank for increased sensitivity transfer. Equipped with a split grip handle configuration with comfortable EVA HD Foam Grips, the Team Daiwa T Series Casting Rods balance out perfectly with a range of casting reels. Available in 6’6” medium- and heavy-action models.Retail – $46.88
10) Pflueger Trion TR 140 Spinning Reel- If Dad’s an avid bass angler, spinning reels are like black shoes to a woman – you can never have too many. The TR140 model is the workhorse of the Pflueger spinning reel line up and provides quality and performance only seen in reels at twice the price. The TR140 has six stainless steel ball bearings and an on/off instant anti-reverse bearing. A smooth multi-disc drag system with stainless and oiled felt washers makes sure the big ones don’t get away. The TR140 has ample line capacity (230/6, 185/8, 155/10) a 5.2:1 gear ratio and weighs 10.40 ounces.
Retail – $39.99.
Grow your fishing skills and improve your angling effectiveness.
Subscribe to the free weekly BassResource newsletter.