Cypress, CA (March 24, 2023) – DAIWA is proud to share news of a brand-new premium baitcasting reel product launch in the form of its latest addition to the high-end DAIWA STEEZ baitcaster product family.
Behold the new DAIWA STEEZ A 100, new for March 2023.
Launching today at the Bassmaster Classic, the new DAIWA STEEZ A 100 features include HYPER DRIVE DESIGN, MAGFORCE-Z Boost, G1 Duralumin MAG-Z BOOST Spool, and much more.
HYPER DRIVE DESIGN
- The DAIWA STEEZ A 100 features HYPER DRIVE DESIGN for an ultra-smooth retrieve and powerful winding performance. Our HYPER DRIVE DESIGN comprises four key technologies: HYPER DRIVE DIGIGEAR, HYPER DOUBLE SUPPORT, HYPER ARMED HOUSING, and HYPER TOUGH CLUTCH.
- HYPERDRIVE DIGIGEAR - A brand-new gear design makes the teeth of the gears more efficient at transferring power, making the gear set feel smoother and more powerful and reducing gear noise.
- HYPER DOUBLE SUPPORT - A two-bearing support system for the reel's pinion gear means no flex and an ultra-smooth retrieve/ gear rotation.
- HYPER ARMED HOUSING - The reel features an aluminum frame and side plate for maximum rigidity and precision performance of the internal components.
- HYPER TOUGH CLUTCH - A redesigned and reinforced clutch mechanism increases durability and performance.
- MAGFORCE-Z Boost is a setting that emphasizes flight distance that maximizes the long-cast performance of MAGFORCE-Z reels.
- MAGFORCE-Z is ideal for long casts of medium and heavy lures, and the flight distance increases as much as your input/cast effort. After avoiding the backlash zone by instantly returning one step, the maximum flight distance is achieved with a relaxed trajectory from the middle of the cast to just before landing.
The STEEZ A 100’s profile ensures easy handling, and its G1 Duralumin MAG-Z BOOST Spool design allows you to cast virtually without backlashing. An extremely rigid flex-resistant aluminum alloy, G1 Duralumin cuts weight without sacrificing durability. This also creates less start-up inertia, allowing the angler a longer and more manageable cast.
T-WING SYSTEM, REDUCED WEIGHT, RIGIDITY & MORE
The TWS (T-Wing System) reduces friction on a cast and extreme line angles by allowing lines to flow freely through the wide, top section of the T-wing system.
When the handle is engaged on the retrieve, the line then drops into the lower channel of the T-Wing for even distribution across the spool width. The result is longer, more precise casting, spool speed, and virtually zero backlashes.
The aluminum frame and side plate (gear side) keep the STEEZ A 100 lightweight yet rigid, and the ATD drag is designed to achieve consistent and reliable performance when fighting fish.
The STEEZ A 100 features DAIWA’s the controlled casting of the G1 Duralumin MAG-Z BOOST Spool. Additionally, the TWS (T-Wing System) reduces friction on a cast and extreme line angles by allowing lines to flow freely through the wide, top section of the T-wing system.
On the retrieve, when the handle is engaged, the line then drops into the lower channel of the T-Wing for even distribution across the spool width. The result is longer, more precise casting, spool speed, and virtually zero backlashes. The aluminum frame and side plate (gear side) keep the STEEZ A 100 lightweight, and DAIWA’s ATD drag system provides consistency and reliability throughout the entire drag range.
DAIWA’S Automatic Tournament Drag uses an improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start-up. This reduces initial drag start-up inertia and, combined with the structural changes of the ATD Drag System, results in a smoother drag from the initial hook-up.
Delivering casting performance you have to experience to believe, the STEEZ A 100 continues to push the limits of what is possible in a baitcasting reel.
STEEZ A 100 FEATURES
- Proven DAIWA HYPERDRIVE DESIGN
- G1 Duralumin MAG-Z BOOST Spool
- T-Wing System (TWS)
- Zero Adjuster
- Aluminum frame and side plate (gear side)
- ATD Drag
- CRBB corrosion-resistant stainless steel bearings
- 90mm Heavy Swept Handle*
- Audible Clicking Drag
- Available Gear Ratios: (7.1:1) (8.5:1)
STEEZ A 100 Executive 5-Year Service / Warranty
- Executive STEEZ 5-Year Service Warranty Against Manufacturing Defects
- FREE 5-Year Clean and Service
- 1 Business Day clean and service upon arrival to the DAIWA Service Department
- Expedited Service Pending Parts Availability
- FREE Expedited Return Shipping (2nd Day Air or Priority Mail)
If you’re considering a professional-grade baitcasting reel, look no further than DAIWA’s new STEEZ A 100… a reel intended to bring a whole new level of cutting-edge design, high-end performance, longevity, and stunning good looks to discerning anglers.