bass fishing

fishing

fishing

fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Fenwick Silverhawk Spinning Rod?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Brim Reaper

The Brim Reaper

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 09:43 AM

Does anyone have any experience with this rod? I found it on Cabela's site, but there's only 3 reviews. I couldn't find it on Fenwick's website, either.

#2 new2BC4bass

new2BC4bass

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted July 04 2012 - 08:00 PM

I am going to take a stab and say that the rod is in the same class as the Daiwa Jupiter baitcasting rod. Various stores have rods (and reels) made by known manufacturers strictly for them to sell in their stores. Another example is the Prodigy reels made by Diawas for sale through Cabela's. You will not find Jupiter or Prodigy anywhere on the Daiwa site.

I am not saying that the Silverhawk and Jupiter are in the same class quality wise, but in how they are sold. I did pick up a Jupiter rod while in Florida this spring and like it. No experience with the Silverhawk, but do own a couple other models of Fenwick rods (one from 30+ years ago), and can say they usually make some pretty good rods for the money.

#3 The Brim Reaper

The Brim Reaper

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted July 04 2012 - 08:21 PM

I am going to take a stab and say that the rod is in the same class as the Daiwa Jupiter baitcasting rod. Various stores have rods (and reels) made by known manufacturers strictly for them to sell in their stores. Another example is the Prodigy reels made by Diawas for sale through Cabela's. You will not find Jupiter or Prodigy anywhere on the Daiwa site.

I am not saying that the Silverhawk and Jupiter are in the same class quality wise, but in how they are sold. I did pick up a Jupiter rod while in Florida this spring and like it. No experience with the Silverhawk, but do own a couple other models of Fenwick rods (one from 30+ years ago), and can say they usually make some pretty good rods for the money.

That makes sense. I thought it might just be discontinued. It looks like a nice rod and I've heard really good things about Fenwick. I think I'll take a chance on it. Thanks!

#4 new2BC4bass

new2BC4bass

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted July 05 2012 - 09:34 PM

Be sure to let us know how you like it.

#5 The Brim Reaper

The Brim Reaper

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted July 06 2012 - 02:13 PM

Be sure to let us know how you like it.

Sure thing. It'll probably be some months before I get it, because I just bought a rod and reel, and I will likely buy an inshore saltwater setup first.