Sign in to follow this  
iceintheveins

Rage Toad Vs. Rage Shad

How do you guys like the Rage Toad in comparison with the Shad? Does it make as much noise? How is the hookup rate and does it stay straight well?

I use the shad and it performs great in all the above areas, just wondering how the Toad is different.

Both are great but I like the toad more. The only reason why is it hangs on my local style of grass less. It also seems easier to rig.

I myself perfer the shad lots of action and it can be fished many different ways not saying that the toad can't be both are great lures the toad is the better for a slow retreive but the shad can be fished alot faster

I've tried the rage toad and after I two casts I put on a rage shad and went back to catching fish. I bought the rage toad to fish matted grass and the plastic would run upside down :Idontknow:. The Rage Toad also doesn't seem to plane on top of the water on slower retrieves like the Rage Shad. This is just my opinion, I tested both plastics on the same 4/0 hook back to back and I feel the Rage Shad is all around the better plastic to use out of the two.

Caught fish on both. The Shad does seem a bit louder but the tail rips more easily than those on the Toad.

both are great i like them both but i tend to throw the shad more. i like the toad more for the fact that it seems more durable then the shad the tails on the shad rip very easy i have yet to have a toads legs/tail rip. but both are great

Yeah the shad flat out catches tons of fish. I find on many lakes it outproduces a buzzbait 2 to 1.

i like the shad but as stated the tail tears too easily & end up going though too many that way. so i rarely use them or buy them any more. I keep a pack because theres times my gut feeling says its the right bait to throw at the moment...