Sign in to follow this  
Trickerie

Sk Kvd 1.5?

Are there several different types of this bait? Mine dives fairly deep, probably 5-6 feet. I have the lure in sexy sunfish, in 1.5. The big kicker is, theres rattles in mine? Everywhere I look it explains the lure as having no internal rattles. Confused.

i fished the KVD 2.5 all day today trickerie,and was very hard pressed to reach even 3' on the fastest retrieve? i was using the sexy sunfish color too,but my bait had no rattles.

funny you posted this as i was thinking the exact opposite all day when i thought the 2.5 would dig too deep for this shallow/stump filled lake. maybe the rattling version runs deeper than stated?

Had a good day though,the panfish & perch were on top hitting a heavy surface mayfly hatch,and i would run the 2.5 with a quick 3-4 cranks,kill it for a second or two and repeat.

The bass were just underneath them waiting for an easy meal!!

Both the silent and rattling versions can dive to 6 feet.

Bps is not the only ones with rattling version. I purchased all 8 of mine from Walmart or dicks and they are rattlers. There is a non rattling version, Im pretty sure its denoted as kvd 1.5HD and 2.5HD

with 10# yo-zuri hybrid,revo stx 6.4:1 and a powell 703,the 2.5 KVD woul'd not get close to 3'..

on the fastest retrieve we could do...maybe we need to test the rattling VS the silent models??

Ok, I got mine at dicks. Must have picked up the rattling version. I wanted the silent version, but I've got a few on this rattling version, even though it runs deeper than i expected.

Poprg something most be wrong. I run mine on a St croix big cranker with same reel but with 12lb c21 copoly and it easily goes 5'. I would contact SK and see what they'll do for you, its gotta be a defect. Both my 1.5 and 2.5 go 5'+ the only difference I have noticed with my silent 1.5 is it wobbles more like the 2.5 with a heavy X opposed to a wide S like the rattling 1.5s I have.

My 2.5 seems to run just a little deeper than my 1.5. I catch fish on both sizes. Been killing it on a silent 1.5 in Bluegill for the last month or so. Got about half of the fish on the surface after killing my retrieve.

Those are my fav shallow cranks to throw. If you give them a quick burn they sorta will shoot out to the side and it works really well for me. They generally run around 3-5' for me depending on line size and what not.