Sign in to follow this  
f23blackwidow2

Should I, Or Shouldn't I?

I am inbetween a Bass Pro Shops Johhny Morris Signature Series, or a Caronlite. Which one?

Despite the issues some of us have had with the CL, I would still get it over the sig on weight alone. Ive owned both, the sig is smoother, but noticeably heavier. It didnt handle light baits no where near as well as the CL either. The drag would stick and studder on the sig I owned also. I had to press the thumb bar a few times to keep a big fish from breaking off.

Just be sure to inspect the CL before you buy. The one I currently own is a real gem. Casts lighter cranks great, is smooth, and has a really good drag. I cant speak for long term use yet, but I have no reason to doubt it.

Carbonlite.

The Signature is a lot heavier, the same blank as the Carbonlite, and not worth the extra money. Like craww said, check the rod good and you should be good to go. When I buy rods from Bass Pro I ask how many of a particular rod they have and then ask the associate if they could get a couple from the back and then I pick the best looking one. That way I know it will not be jacked up by kids and other people.