NebraskaBasser

P-Line Stop Glue For Knots?

Like most, when I want to use a mono or fluoro leader with my braid, I use a knot to connect the two lines. I alternate between a uni-to-uni and the surgeon's knot... and I'm sure that YOU have your favorite as well.

While "surfing" today, I came across this product: P-Line Stop Glue http://www.p-line.com/product_detail.php?id=637 - and is also carried at Tackle Warehouse.

I found a couple of videos on U-Tube, and some demos... but they were NOT easy to find, and there weren't any reviews (yet) on the retail sites either.

The product "welds" mono-to-mono, fluro-to-fluoro, mono-to-fluoro, and braid to either mono/fluoro. The reported benefits are smoother transitions through the guides and a "weld-strength" that exceeds the line strength and is "stronger than any knot you can tie".

Just wondering if anybody has tried the P-Line Stop Glue???

Bob

Like most, when I want to use a mono or fluoro leader with my braid, I use a knot to connect the two lines. I alternate between a uni-to-uni and the surgeon's knot... and I'm sure that YOU have your favorite as well.

While "surfing" today, I came across this product: P-Line Stop Glue http://www.p-line.com/product_detail.php?id=637 - and is also carried at Tackle Warehouse.

I found a couple of videos on U-Tube, and some demos... but they were NOT easy to find, and there weren't any reviews (yet) on the retail sites either.

The product "welds" mono-to-mono, fluro-to-fluoro, mono-to-fluoro, and braid to either mono/fluoro. The reported benefits are smoother transitions through the guides and a "weld-strength" that exceeds the line strength and is "stronger than any knot you can tie".

Just wondering if anybody has tried the P-Line Stop Glue???

Bob

I use it, it's okay. Don't get me wrong, I works, but from what I've heard from other forum members, you're better off learning to perfect the knot.

outdoorsman110 - thanks for your reply! As I mentioned initially, I too already use KNOTS. I had just stumbled across this product... and am always looking for something new/different/better to try. It's kind of pricey for what's basically some glue and some tubing, so I was just trying to get a feel for it's practicality and it it's claims are true.

I fish from a float tube and "terminal-knots" are easy to tie, but I have trouble some times with all the equipment/line/etc. when trying to tie a braid-to-leader knot in the tube. You say that you use/you've used it... does it live up to it's claims?

• smaller than knots (ease of going through guides)
  • stays flexible (unlike if super-glue was used)
  • stronger than any knot you can tie

Also wondering if there might be a "poor-man's" alternative? :pray:

It's a gimmick in my opinion. If you goto the fly shop at basspro, they have rubber crimps that go over the leader knot, you put a lighter to it and press it down. It allows the line to go thru the guides smoother than if were just the knot.

Also- I got the same results with Berkley angler's glue.