Sign in to follow this  
Missouribassman95

Belly Boat Fishing

Any of you guys use a float tube for bass fishing? I think it would be really fun on ponds.

Thanks,

I do but I think it would be better to spend the extra money on something like a bass raider. On a tube you don't want to go far because the kick back is awful. I want to get a bass raider with a trolling motor, it would be way better no kicking and can take way more rods.

Any of you guys use a float tube for bass fishing? I think it would be really fun on ponds. Thanks,

Yep... don't have a boat. I have a couple of tubes - an Outcast ODC420 and a Creek Company Super Fat Cat. I live in the midwest where the "lakes" get a great deal of pressure. I can fish "ponds" that don't have boat ramps, so they don't get NEAR the pressure! It's a LOT of fun.

Since I fish ponds, I usually enter the water and fish the shoreline, eventually - depending on the pond's size - I wind up back at my starting point, so it's very rare to have a long-kick to get to or back from where I'd want to fish.

I don't have a truck or SUV, so taking ahything "hard-sided" would require a trailer or roof-rack (i.e. kayak). There are times that I'll hike a 1/4 mile to a pond... which would make any other type of "boat" impractical.

The only negative I've found, is that you really can't "take a fishing buddy" with you. It's pretty much a solitary fishing experience. But, if you can find another belly-boat fishing buddy, you can car-pool to the pond (saving gas $$). At the pond, enter at the same place and then go in opposite directions. You rarely are out of sight of your partner (a safety factor too), and can still share "success"... although it might be a long-distance "fist-bump" across the pond. ;)

I've built rod holders for my tubes. I could take 4-6 rigs with me, but rarely take more than four. I like to keep it relatively simple, but there are those that have equiped their tubes with sonar/fish-finders, livewells, etc. :eyebrows:

More questions? Just post here or PM me...

I do but I think it would be better to spend the extra money on something like a bass raider. On a tube you don't want to go far because the kick back is awful. I want to get a bass raider with a trolling motor, it would be way better no kicking and can take way more rods.

I used to fish in a tube back when I was young and somewhat in shape. The kick back is always horrible!!!!

Yep... don't have a boat. I have a couple of tubes - an Outcast ODC420 and a Creek Company Super Fat Cat. I live in the midwest where the "lakes" get a great deal of pressure. I can fish "ponds" that don't have boat ramps, so they don't get NEAR the pressure! It's a LOT of fun.

Since I fish ponds, I usually enter the water and fish the shoreline, eventually - depending on the pond's size - I wind up back at my starting point, so it's very rare to have a long-kick to get to or back from where I'd want to fish.

I don't have a truck or SUV, so taking ahything "hard-sided" would require a trailer or roof-rack (i.e. kayak). There are times that I'll hike a 1/4 mile to a pond... which would make any other type of "boat" impractical.

The only negative I've found, is that you really can't "take a fishing buddy" with you. It's pretty much a solitary fishing experience. But, if you can find another belly-boat fishing buddy, you can car-pool to the pond (saving gas $$). At the pond, enter at the same place and then go in opposite directions. You rarely are out of sight of your partner (a safety factor too), and can still share "success"... although it might be a long-distance "fist-bump" across the pond. ;)

I've built rod holders for my tubes. I could take 4-6 rigs with me, but rarely take more than four. I like to keep it relatively simple, but there are those that have equiped their tubes with sonar/fish-finders, livewells, etc. :eyebrows:

More questions? Just post here or PM me...

Okay I will PM u