Sign in to follow this  
MaineBassFishin

Maine Is Getting Pretty Good

Went to a small pond about 3 times so far and got a good amount of fish, but went back today and think I've got a good pattern down good. The pond I wish fishing is pretty small only about 60 acres, and the waters already about 65 degrees but no signs of any spawning yet, but I've been seeing a lot of old beds? And what looks like a few fish starting to make beds. The water in this pond is crystal clear and pretty sandy so it makes for some pretty fund sight fishing spotting the fish near cover.

Heres a pic of a decent fish-

20gxtuo.jpg

Very nice! the fishing has been great Downeast. Catching lots of good smallmouths and Largemouths. A few of my club members and I were fishing one of our local lakes, I caught 2 4+ largemouths a 4# smallmouth and and two of the other guys caught 2 5+# smallmouth.

Nice! Sounds like alot of fun, I haven't gone fishing for smallmouths yet but a buddy of mine made a few casts from shore on sebago and hooked into a nice one on a lipless crank. The pond I was fishings is pretty weird since the waters so warm there's alot of bass in the shallows and TONS underneath the docks.

I see a new PB in your very near future... Stay on'em!

www.ragetail.com

What part of Maine are you in? I am in Mass, fishing has been great, topwater bite was HOT last week

Southern Maine sebago area, any signs if spawning down there any beds yet?

Southern Maine sebago area, any signs if spawning down there any beds yet?

Oh yeah, a bunch, I have caught a few and several others that are already spawned out

Oh yeah, a bunch, I have caught a few and several others that are already spawned out

cool we shouldn't be more then another 2 weeks then

cool we shouldn't be more then another 2 weeks then

Yup, they have been on beds for a couple weeks or so, what are the water temperatures up your way?

Yup, they have been on beds for a couple weeks or so, what are the water temperatures up your way?

Ive only been to one pond and it's only 60 acres, temps are about 65 I could see a bunch of old beds almost wondering if theyve already spawned there..