Sign in to follow this  
logan9209

Smokin' Roosters And Swim Jigs

As most know I've been having problems with the june bug Rooster. Yesterday (before I bought the black/blue flake), I got p/o and shoved 3 of them onto different things. 2 of which was the chatterbait and my crappy Booyah Swim Jig. This morning, just for laughs, I took the swim jig and june bug Rooster combo out fishing. Before I continue, I still say the swim jig is crappy and I have definitely got to get a better one. Where am I going with this?

Let's just say I answered my own question on another post "Swim Jigs and Trailers". I asked the questions that since the Roosters have such great swimming action, why do most people think little of using it for a swim jig trailer? In less than 30 minutes of fishing my theory was justified. I landed a 2-3lb (felt like 3 but looked like 2) bass. Not that big, but once again it's not the point. The bass didn't just get hooked while passing by. He didn't just try to kill it. He inhaled it. I felt like saying "He hammered it!" (ode to KVD). So now I will shut up and let the pics do the talking. Oh and ignore the date on the camera. We never set it.

post-38254-0-70106200-1339773451_thumb.jpost-38254-0-81623300-1339773452_thumb.jpost-38254-0-71060500-1339773453_thumb.j

Let's just say I answered my own question on another post "Swim Jigs and Trailers".

Correction, it was "Swim Jigs". Sorry.

Nothing wrong with that, buddy. I usually keep it a little more compact than the Rooster, but there's no way possible a Rooster on a swim jig won't catch fish. Nice job.

Thanks. I'm still learning the ins and outs of various jigs, spinner baits, and hard plastics. To be honest, I didn't really expect to get any strikes and I almost forgot to set the hook. I was just so excited that I got a bite on the swim jig much less the june bug Rooster. Black/ blue flake Rooster I'm happy with, but that's another story already written. But, I've been after that particular bass since April. There's 2 more swimming that area I want badly. One's around 4-5 pounds and the other is around 5-6 pounds. Them jokers are smart.