Sign in to follow this  
soopd

Hotfoot Throttle Question

Just got new water pump put on boat and went out today to test out. Went to first spot to fish and everything worked great. Good pressure. Fished for about an hour and was going to go to another location.

Started boat fine pushed on hotfoot and nothing. It went to the floor but did not rev the engine at all. Put it back in neutral and tried revving engine and nothing. Idled back to ramp and loaded boat.

Any ideas.

Check to make sure that the throttle cable is still firmly connected to both the Hot Foot and the motor throttle lever.

Just checked it and it was hooked up. I unhooked the motor side and pressed the hotfoot and nothIng moved. I think my cable is broke inside. If that an easy fix or should I have shop do the repair?

depends on how they routed the cable,but yeah imho its not hard to fix especially on smaller boats.Is it a read morse cable?if so they used to have a model number in white letters on the end,just take that number go grab a replacement and use the old one to fish the new one through.

Could not read anything from cable. I unhooked the part on side of theottle and the black slide that the cable goes through I can pull out and it exposes the silver part of the cable. Is there an adjustment the locks that black housing to the cable? Or is that all one piece.

Could not read anything from cable. I unhooked the part on side of theottle and the black slide that the cable goes through I can pull out and it exposes the silver part of the cable. Is there an adjustment the locks that black housing to the cable? Or is that all one piece.

All the cables I've changed where on big boats where morse is pretty standard(red cable white numbers),the smaller stuff with outboards may use something a little more specific to the motor brand,IE quicksilver to merc etc.Either way swapping a cable isnt a big task.

Few questions that would help us help you are:

Type of Boat and brand?was the hot foot a add on?How is it routed?

Worst case if you want to save a few bucks and do it yourself(my method of choice)is pull the cable out with a fish tape atatched and take a trip to the store for the right cable with the part in hand.................as for a fish tape if you dont have one I've used fishing line to pull a cable(just be sure it's the heaviest you have,like 50lb braid etc.Allthough depending on the boat and routing a fish tape might not be required.

1997 19' nitro with a 150hp mariner efi motor. Hotfoot was on there when I bought boat.