Sign in to follow this  
kylek

First C-Rig Bass Ever!!!

My father in law and I went fishing this morning to prefish for an upcoming tourney. We got there at first light and started off fishing topwater and caught a few short fish. We spent a good amount of time watching the graph while motoring around the lake trying to find the fish. We came across this area that looked pretty good. A rocky bank with the wind blowing into it. It was 2-3 ft. deep at the bank and dropped off to 11' pretty quickly then finished up at around 16' deep. We tried just about everything in the tackle boxes when we both decided to try the Crig. I put on a Zoom worm in plum color and casted it out a few times to get the feel for it. On about the 5th cast as I was pulling it down the ledge it just stopped. At first I thought I was hung up in the rocks when the fish decided to shake it's head. I quickly set the hook and hauled it into the net. The scale read 5.2lbs, but if you remember from an earlier post, not 100% it is accurate, but it is my first one on the c-rig. Pretty darn happy and looking forward to giving it another shot next weekend.

post-37079-0-74253400-1344210208_thumb.j

Nice fish! Hope fully your confidence will grow with the C-Rig!

Awesome man, That's a great fish. There is something about a CRig that finds big bass.

nice 5 pounder on the c-rig

Thanks guys

Hey Gene, I just got done watching your c-rig videos. Is the worm you are using the Zoom trick worm? I need to pick up a few different things to try out.

Kyle