Sign in to follow this  
cast_and_destroy

Fishing On Docks

Next weekend I will be fishing on lake texoma. I will be fishing on a dock.

The dock has about 20 slips and sits in 30ft of water on one side and almost 50ft on the other.It's a fairly large dock.

It is very hot in this part of Texas. Over 100 degrees most of the time. The water is fairly clear and is about 88 to 90 degrees.

My plan is to start with topwater and as the day progresses move to soft plastics.

here is a link to the picture of the dock -> http://goo.gl/maps/X3U1R

It's a public dock so I dont have to worry about other peoples propety.

I have one day to fish so i have to make the most of it.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated !

i would def throw a jig off the ledges of the dock. dont know much about fishing in texas but thats what i would try.

What is that north of the Dock also south near the other dock??

Loos like tires???

If this is in 50' of water (what a dropoff) fish anything you want. Early topwater towards the bank then Texas rigg a worm. Later on dropshot a senco and use a jigg. fish in the corners and try skipping a jig under the dock.

GL this just LOOKS LIKE FISH!!

What is that north of the Dock also south near the other dock??

Loos like tires???

If this is in 50' of water (what a dropoff) fish anything you want. Early topwater towards the bank then Texas rigg a worm. Later on dropshot a senco and use a jigg. fish in the corners and try skipping a jig under the dock.

GL this just LOOKS LIKE FISH!!

There just tires tied together, i think they just keep strong waves from hitting the dock. Part of it is floating the other has posts.

I would hit the other dock with the wake break close by. If its floating like you say then they should be stacked up under there all day. Cast as close as possible with some topwater around sunrise. Otherwise I would do what the other guys said.

Those docks both look pretty promising.

Good Luck!!

We have a lot of those docks at lake Hefner in OKC. They are fun to fish but the ones around here get fished so hard its slim pickens.

I would also hit the shore areas around the docks too. I have pulled some good size LM out of Hefner off top water poppers 50-75 feet from the docks

Repost in the Texas fishing section to get input from the Texas guys.

I've lived closed to Texoma most of my life but I've never fished for Black bass there. Word on the street is that the zebra muscles and algae bloom have really done a number on the shad population. From what I've heard if you can find some wood cover or grass you can usually catch either black or smallmouth. I'm sure you can find some old tournament reports to help you out also.

If your putting a boat in the lake please make sure your wash it off and dry it really well because we don't need zebra muscles anywhere else.Next time you fish in this part of the state you should go to Lake Ray Roberts still one of the best black bass fisheries in the state.

Good Luck

Capt.O