Sign in to follow this  
Vinny Chase

Shimano Cumara Reaction Rods

Has anyone thrown the 7'11" MH Fast for deep cranks? I just purchased this rod after not being impressed with the ripping action of my Dobyns 805. I fish a lot of weedlines in deeper water and after purchasing this rod, I noticed that there is a XF model that is for spinnerbaits, but better in soft cover....Did I make the right decision?

Thanks!

No, you didn't get the wrong one. That's a very good rod for the purpose. The XF is a super rod, too. I use it a lot for swimbaits and swimjigs, I do use it for bombing and stroking spinnerbaits, too. It's probably the most versatile rod in the lineup.

The fast, though, is a pure crank stick. It's more than powerful enough to rip baits in weedlines, and it's a superb deep crank stick all around. It does well with almost all deep crank techniques.

Thanks Hooligan, I can always count on your comments to be spot on, so that is a relief ;)

Have you thrown the 805 CB RM?

Yeah, the RM is a lot softer rod, imo. It's a great rod for straight deep cranking, but not my cup of tea for most of what I do in the Midwest.