Sign in to follow this  
Peteypablo89

Just Moved To Western Ma Idk Where To Fish

I can provide some general info to get you started.

First, check out Google Maps and look around your area and write down the names of any lakes you might be interested in.

If your looking for big bass, you might do a google search on each of the lakes that you found, and look at things like predominant species in that lake and lake records. You might also want to look at lake surveys, if available, to see what the stocking history is. You might just find a lake that Share-A-Lunker has been stocking ;) (but only if a 13+ pounder was pulled from the lake and given to the program).

Hey man im not real sure where your located in western mass but i fish around the greenfield area and i mainly fish lake mattawa in orange, there is bartons cove in Gill, then there is always the quabbin witch i here is one of the best small mouth fisheries in all of new england.

I've fished most of the waters in western MA and for most species. Where abouts are you located and which species do you want to target?

Its tough to beat google maps or that link that "The one that got away" just posted. And I agree with MassBassMan247, you NEED to go to the Quabbin if you live in western MA, especially in the spring time!

There are a lot places near Holyoke (where I was raised and lived for the first 22 years of my life) to fish. The Ct. River is a fine fishery and you are not that far from the Oxbow either. What species are you looking for and what equipment do you normally use for them?

As has been said, you NEED to target the Quabbin come next spring!