Sign in to follow this  
bassh8er

Curado E Series

Just bought a 50e off eBay, and depending on how I like it, I may look into the 200 series.

Without starting any ticking matches, can somebody explain the 200e 5 and 7 series? What's the difference between the 2?

I also think I want to stay with the 'E' series as well. I know the G series is supposedly fine, but is still a downgrade from the E series if I have y manufacturing facts straight.

Again, I'm looking for helpful factual answers and not a select few's personal opinions.

Thank you all.

The E5 is a 5:1 gear ratio and the E7 is a 7:1 gear ratio

Also the G and E series Curado's have a different body style. The Curado G has the body of the Caenan and is a noticeable difference from the E series if placed side by side. I can definitely tell the difference in hand and prefer the feel of the E series. Does this mean the G series is bad, no... I just prefer the E....

Last years e series curado is this years chronarch.

I have both the Curado 50E and the Curado 200E5. Both are great casters.....the 50 for 1/8 jigs and shaky heads.....the 200E for crankbaits. Wonderful pair of reels!

Now you can start experimenting with different lines for each. Will change the characteristics of each reel; you can then pick the combo you like.

I have three Curado 200E7 reels with ABEC 7 SS bearings and they are really incredible reels. I use them for all applications with lines varying from 10 to 20lbs. Like all Shimanos they are incredibly easy to take down and lube. If you can find them, I highly recommend them.