Smallieslayer2234

Wading Creeks

Has anybody tried a topwater frog while wading a small creek...i have a good creek spot and we catch tons at it...I'm just trying to expand my tactics

I normally throw a frog over scum and muck. Sometimes I throw an up water frog which can produce as long as you have the right conditions.  Some small creeks I just walk in to without waders and throw crank baits and anything I would from a boat or the shore line.

try gettin like a spro baby pop and give it a shot...be able to skip it into laydowns along the creek without much issue with it gettin snagged up on ya etc...since its snagless, toss it up on the opposite bank and pull it into the water, let it pause when it hits the water for a few, then maybe give it a lil twitch then start working it back...

I've fished the Zara Puppy in a frog pattern as well as a Tiny Torpedo with good success in the eddies. I picked up a couple of Rebel Frog-Rs this off season to try as they're about the same length, but will likely cast a little better that either of those.

I've fished the Zara Puppy in a frog pattern as well as a Tiny Torpedo with good success in the eddies. I picked up a couple of Rebel Frog-Rs this off season to try as they're about the same length, but will likely cast a little better that either of those.

I have success with the rebel frog-rs while bank fishing. They hang up really bad but are solid (and inexpensive)

I wade fish for spotted bass in a small, clear river near my house.

The Zara puppy is a great suggestion. I throw them in clear, baby bass, and a clear with black back and glitter (forgot the color, but a very good one.)

Tiny buzzbaits such as the booyah pond buzz also get thrown around quite a bit. Awesome lure for creeks.

Small walking poppers like the Damiki D Pop 70 work great as well.

My all time favorite is a Bass Pro Shops Floating Worm in pink and earthworm, thrown weightless on a 1/0 thin wire hook. You can make it absolutely dance along the water, just twitch it like a jerkbait. You can also skip it like an absolute pro.

I may look into the baby popper spro. The small H20 express frogs work well, can't see why the spro wouldn't.