Sign in to follow this  
Curtie A

Iwata Airbrush

what size adapter or hose fittings does the iwata neo airbrush take

I don't believe there is a difference in fittings for airbrushes. I own a Paache (siphon fed) & Eagle Talon (gravity fed),they both use the same hose fitting. Its been a while since I used them so I don't remember the size fitting off hand. Your best bet is to call either your local art supply shop, or Iwata. They'll be more than happy to help. One thing I can say is make sure you buy a moisture trap & steel braided hose. You'll get a much cleaner, consistent flow.

Iwata takes a different size fitting, best to just get an Iwata hose for that brush.

Marty's right but If you have a hose for another brand airbrush, you can get an adapter from airbrush suppliers like Dixie Art.  The downside is it's another connection, another opportunity to have an air leak.  I use an Iwata-to-Paasche hose adapter and it has worked fine.  But an OEM Iwata hose would be better.

Actually there is a difference, I was in the art supply store & they had an iwata hose attachment & it was much bigger than my Paache brushes. If you cant find it try home depot or a hardware store. As long as you use sealant leaks shouldn't be an issue

The fitting on the Iwatas is a non-standard size.  Bite the bullet and get an Iwata hose.

i have actually bought a hose from harbor frieght that fits both my neo and eclipse hp cr. i believe its 8 foot hose and multicolored. i believe it was around 8 or 9 bucks. 

what size adapter or hose fittings does the iwata neo airbrush take

I'm pretty sure it uses a 1/8" BPS fitting, but so do most airbrushes.