Sign in to follow this  
Rangerphil

Quantum Reel Help!!!

Hey guys I have been cleaning my reels with no problems but I got to my tour edition pt reel and I can't get it apart! I got all the screws out and the handle side plate is loose but it won't come off? The reel is a te 1170 pt. again all screws are out and the side plate is loose just will not come off. Any help would be appreciated!

You need to remove the handle and the drag star and under the drag star there should be a nut, take that off and the side plate should come off.

On this model there is no way that I know of to take the handle off before the side plate there is no screw or nut cap cover like other reels.

Got it! Did a search and found the answer on here from 2009! Thanks all and thanks to bass resource always helping me one way or another!

No to remove the handle on that years model you turned the handle in reverse. Then you could remove the drag star etc. Palming side you push a button under the front and turn the plate down.

There is no nut on the handle side you have to push down on a piece under the handle then twist the handle off.