Jags New Unis...

MCS

• Super User

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/jacksonville-jaguars-uniforms-extreme-awesome-righteous-other-catchy-193424437--nfl.html

I think the jersey is ok, but the helmet is sweet! Love the flat black and the transition in colors.

I see more NFL teams going the way of college with the crazy cool gear and come on who didn't love the Oregon's chrome duck wing look or UMD's State Flag Helmets and cleets.....Go Terps.....Can't wait to see more teams go this way.

There is a reason why most NFL teams haven't changed there uniforms. It is based in tradition. In the early 90s the packers wanted to change the uniform. That went over as good as a fart in church.

Colleges are doing that. Because kids have told these schools they want to wear the coolest jerseys. To me that makes no sense. If I am going to school to play football. I would be more worried about playing time, and other factors. Then what the hell I am wearing. 

• Super User

I dont like it. Im glad that Jerry Richardson (panthers owner) said that our unform will not change as long as he is alive. Keep it simple, no need to change. I like that some teams have been pretty much the same through the years. Pittsburg, Green Bay, Kansas City, Chicago, Oakland and so on..

Will say that im glad tampa bay got rid of the cream puff unis back in the 90s

• Super User

I agree to an extent of some of the more storied teams like Green Bay and NY Giants keeping tradition. But there are ways to keep tradition and make it more modern. Teams like Seattle, Tenn., Denver, Miami, Buffalo, NY Jets, Jags etc. I think could do new logos and "high tech" unis will some good results. I also think the Titans, Ravens and Panthers could use an update on maybe not unis or colors but the logos are weak. Part of the fun of rooting for your team is having a bad azz logo. Denver is another example to add to Tampa, both those teams moved out of the 70's/80's with some really cool logo/color updates that made their merchandise take off.

I wish the Pats would go back to their old logo, that wavy head thing is a lousy logo IMO.  I liked the old logo that showed the guy in colonial clothes in a 3 -point stance.  I doubt they'll ever bring that back and in that case I hope they redesign their unis and get rid of that goofy wavy head thing.

• Like 1