Sign in to follow this  
BassnChris

Lowrance Problems

I have a Lowrance HDS 7 touch at the helm and an HDS 10 Gen 1 at the bow networked.

Been having trouble with the depth staying display remaining on the screen, it displays and then loses it, then gets it back.

also, today the the chart view only displayed the waypoints on a white screen.......no chart displayed.

I have the strucure scan transducer and a 2d transducer mounted on the stern and connected to the HDS 7 touch. and 2d transducer mounted to the trolling motor.

Any ideas?

Figured out that hide chart had been turned on.....that explains the white screen when viewing chart.

But the depth is still intermittent and when viewing source for sonar it flashes 'in valid' for a few seconds and then the 'invalid' goes away. Does this on both units.

Any ideas on that?

Things I have tried numerous times.

Turn off network under sonar........still does not work and structure scan on thenHDS10 at the bow does not work.

Appears network must be on both units for the bow unit to share the structure scan transducer.....makes sense.

Navigated to installation and selected the thru the hull transducer for the unit at the console and selected the trolling motor transducer for the bow unit.

This will sound dumb......but will the units display a depth while transducers are not in the water?

My humminbirds did......as I recall.

These are new to me.......I sure kind a miss my 'birds.

Network sonar enabled/disabled should not in any way affect the sharing of StructureScan between Ethernet-linked units.

Network sonar shares your 2D ducers and with this enabled, only one 2D ducer is powered.  Under sonar source, you select which specific 2D ducer you want both units reading.  If you disable it, then both 2D ducers run independently.

When you lose digital depth, are you still getting a bottom reading on the display?  Do you have Shallow Water selected in the sonar menu?  No, you will not get any reliable digital depth reading with the ducer out of the water.

Network sonar enabled/disabled should not in any way affect the sharing of StructureScan between Ethernet-linked units.

Network sonar shares your 2D ducers and with this enabled, only one 2D ducer is powered. Under sonar source, you select which specific 2D ducer you want both units reading. If you disable it, then both 2D ducers run independently.

When you lose digital depth, are you still getting a bottom reading on the display? Do you have Shallow Water selected in the sonar menu? No, you will not get any reliable digital depth reading with the ducer out of the water.

I did a soft reset and that seems to have resolved depth display pretty much.

But if I disable the sonar network option on either or both units......then the bow unit displays no source on the screen when viewing structure scan. Tried everything that I can think of.

How can I get the front unit to use the structure scan transducer (find the source) with the sonar network disabled?

Thanks

Some how I seem to have 'stumbled' into getting everything set correctly.

I had to leave the sonar network enabled on both units to get the bow unit to use the structure scan transducer. My owners manual states the structure scan uses the same settings page as the sonar.

Thanks for the help........have a great season.

Chris, sorry I misread your first post.  What I said above applies to the external LSS-1 or LSS-2 StructureScan.  When you are using the internal LSS of the Touch units, you must have Network Sonar enabled to share the internal LSS.

No problemo, Todd.

I appreciate your help and responses.