Sign in to follow this  
buzzfrog

Daiwa Cruise-Pixy-Fugeo

anyone have one, been looking at some of the bad@ss  reels on eBay and come across a cruise, thinking of getting one,( are they metal side plates)  also looking at pixy it says the gear ratio is 1. something is that right, what does that mean? also isn't the fugeo a finesse baitcaster. sorry for dumb question but daiwa website doesn't offer much help on these reels

Of the 3 the Pixy is the finesse reel.  The Fuego with upgrades can be made to do a really nice job with finesse techniques.  I have no idea about the Cruise, but given its price, I would definitely go with one of the other 2 if they are in your price range.  Actually, the Fuego (originally a $229.95 reel) can now be picked up for just a few dollars more that the Cruise. I would guess that the Cruise is an all metal reel given its weight, which is quite a bit more than either of the other two.

I have 3 Fuegos, and feel they are an excellent all-around reel.  Couple guys on here throw 1/8 oz. and less with tricked out Fuegos.  Of course the Pixy wouldn't have to be tricked out, but is a much more expensive reel.  There are a few other guys on here that have the same opinion I do...which is that the Fuego is an under-rated reel even tho it was voted the Editor's choice on tackletour.  Read their review if you haven't already done so.

EDIT:  Gear ratio specifies how many times the spool turns per one turn of the handle.  Read this.

http://www.***.com/choosing-the-right-gear-ratio-reel/

Yes I know what gear ratio is. But I know 4 gear is slow and when I saw the 1. Something I thought it was real slow. Thanks for link

When you said "the gear ratio is 1. something", I thought you had just turned the wording around when you typed the post.  I am unaware of any baitcast reels made in the last umpteen years having a 1. something to 1 ratio.  No idea where that is coming from.  A little research showed older Pixy with a 5.8:1 ratio and the new PX Type R with a 6.8:1

Sorry.  Can't help you.