Sign in to follow this  
Mougi

Question About A Pond Prowler

I was looking at getting one of these for small lake fishing as well as a few larger pongs and creeks.  My question is simply, do I need any form of license or registration to take this on state park lakes or anything similar?  For reference, the one I am looking at actually has to trolling motors, and is about 8-10 ft.  I am also in Southeast Kansas.  Thanks

Depends on teh state regs  Here in VA anthign that is powered needs to be registered.  Check with your department of game and fisheries and they should be able to guide you in the right direction.

Are you talking about the twin troller?  The boat with two trolling motors, one in each of the twin hulls?  Those things look sweet and the ultimate electric only boat for smaller bodies of water.  I wil llook at them prety hard when i decide to get soemthing that i can take my son out in more easily than my kayak.

First of Thanks for your reply

I am not sure on all the terminology, so I am sorry if I get this wrong.  Its my step dad's boat.  It has two electric trolling motors, one on each side embed up in the side hulls.  He says he can take it in as low as 4 in of water.  I am pretty excited to try it out, as I have only ever been bank fishing.  It sits two should be plenty of room.  I will post a picture if I can, but I won't see it till this weekend.

I did some looking on the Kansas DWPT site and couldn't find anything very quick, so I sent them an Email.  I will respond with what they tell me, when they reply.

Thanks

I got my answer from KDWPT today:

"If you put an electric motor on it, it must be registered with the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism."

Thanks for your help.