AJMichigan

Fake Lizard/gecko

So I have this fake lizard/gecko in my tackle box (I have a real gecko as a pet, when he dies, hopefully not for a few years he might end up on the end of a hook, anyway..)

I pulled it out today (just recently bought it) it's plastic/rubber and has a ribbed body. .

2nd cast I pulled in the attached pic, 16 inches. 

Rigged it up with a small split shot, texas rigged just so it's weedless. I have a thing with 4 different sizes and I used the 2nd biggest one just to make it sink a bit quicker.

#1 try these things out, they work.

#2 Am i rigging this right? or would you do it differently?

post-44090-0-20707700-1373498827_thumb.j

Split shot rigs are definitely a good way to catch fish. I don't fish them just because I'm working on refining other skills right now. You could also texas rig with a bullet weight or carolina rig it (essentially just a bigger version of the split shot rig. Or just fish it weightless.

IMO, if you're catching fish, you're rigging it right.

Split shot rigs are definitely a good way to catch fish. I don't fish them just because I'm working on refining other skills right now. You could also texas rig with a bullet weight or carolina rig it (essentially just a bigger version of the split shot rig. Or just fish it weightless.

IMO, if you're catching fish, you're rigging it right.

I have the hook texas rigged, just dont like the bullet weights so i use split shots. Also I find that the weights help cast further as well, helpful when you don't have a boat..