Sign in to follow this  
martintheduck

Mounting Humminbird Si Transducer On Jackplate...

Anyone have some experience with this? I've got my eye on the 898c HD SI and am not too keen of mounting it on the hull. I've got a pro hi jacker hp jackplate, and it appears there are some pre drilled holes for mounting a transducer. Where can I find a pre-made L bracket to fit? 

htnDYZ2.jpgDFR9Pkf.jpg

Contact Transducer Shield and Saver, tell Scap what boat you have and what jackplate you have.

He will have the parts for that.

It will be the TM-HDsi mount and a L bracket that is made for your setup. It will position the transducer in the correct attitude.

When you do that installation type, you will not get any depth reading when on plane. That will take an additional 2D transducer for a shoot-thru installation XP 9 20.

You connect the two transducers to the display with the AS SIDB  Y cable.

I see that you don't have a correct installation for your present sonar unit if it is a regular 2D sonar unit and not one of the smaller Side Imaging units, the transducer looks like the XNT 9 20 T . You mounted your system instead of installing it. Installing takes into consideration your boat's design and performance capability, a transom mounted transducer for on-plane depth readings is not it. The proper installation for you is a shoot-thru transducer.

If you want more details, send a PM.

• Like 1