Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Ordered Some Flies....

Given that i don't have the space to tie i have gone down the road of ordering flies and i just got in a big order from www.sierratradingpost.com

19 dozen flies for under $180 shipped to my door and pretty much all of them are umpqua so the quality is good too.  As much as i love tying flies you sure can't beat the price....i will post a pic as soon as i take a picture of them all :)

Now to make some fly boxes.....

• Like 1

Yeah they always have specials going on and coupon codes.  i think retail for all the flies would have been well over $600.  I should be good for flies for a while now at least :) 

Good quality flies are harder to find.

The last flies I purchased while on vacation was the Dragon flies at the kittery trading post in kittery,Maine. These look like real Dragon flies too. Not knowing how to fly fish at the time I used a bobber with a leader to cast it out. I counted 9 strikes as I reeled it in. I called them up right away and ordered more. There blue in color and come in two sizes small and medium. I never seen these flies anywhere else.

I picked up a pretty good dragonfly pattern in this batch that is made of foam so it floats really high on the surface and is easy to get the action of a dragonfly popping on and off the surface.

Now just to find the time to get out there and use them.