Sign in to follow this  
buzzed bait

Lake Varner/cornish Creek Reservoir Near Covington, Ga

I had been eyeing this lake for a while and heard some great things about it so I went this past Saturday to see for myself.  I definitely see that is a haven for bass with good cover, structure, food source, etc.  Only downside perhaps is that it's very small at 850 acres.  It is an electric only lake, so I figured less pressure and good odds right?  Well I had a late start and didn't get to the ramp until 8 am.  When I arrive there are already about 40 trucks/trailers there.  All day long it looked like a long train of boats just following down the same lines fishing the same spots all day, over and over.  Is it possible to just over pressure and out-fish at that rate?  I'm sure through the week it's a different story, but still seemed like a lot of people on this small body of water.  Fished for 6 hours and not a fish in the boat (missed one on the motor oil/chartreuse finesse worm and missed a nice fish on the bone color Zara Spook Puppy).  Granted i'm not a good gauge in terms of fishing success, but disappointing day to say the least.

Does anyone else fish this lake and do you have a similar take or totally different in terms of pressure on this lake?

Thanks!