Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloBass716

Two Spinning Rods Set Up/combo?

I've been researching some new gear over the winter and I just got a new Pflueger President 6930, now I've been looking on TW looking for a new rod to pair it with. The Abu Garcia 2-piece Vengeance is within budget and is an option I'm looking at, I would get a 7' M/F for the fishing I do. I'm thinking maybe 10# braid and a 6# fluoro leader. Any thoughts on this set up?

My second spinning rod id like to use it for top water or something like that so should I run a heavier mono line as this set up? Thoughts on this?

Maybe next year I'll upgrade to a baitcaster set up of some sort but as for now, I'm still learning and beginning with bass fishing as a whole and the fish that I catch are not giants and I only bank fish.

Any help with setting these new set-ups or suggestions would be helpful! please let me know if id be purchasing a decent rod for the price. Thanks!

I have a couple of Pflueger President reels and really like them.  They are durable, reliable and an all around good value.  I run them with 6 and 8 pound fluoro.

I own a 7 foot two piece vengeance and have had no issues with it, wife got it for me on Amazon a while back.  I would look there if you haven't, she is usually a value shopper.  That being said, I prefer one piece rods.  I would go to GM and get one of their Vortex 6.6 one piece spinning rods (they are on sale right now for 14.99).  I have always had good luck with their stuff and they are a steal for that price. 

Can't say much about top water or good mono equipment...just don't fish those enough.