Sign in to follow this  
JKarbo214

XTOOLS GripnWeigh

Does anyone have this digital scale with the culling kit?  I see it is on sale on *** and I need to get a new scale for tournament fishing next season.  Any information on this scale would be helpful. Thanks!

Anyone else have any experience using this scale?  I have been reading reviews that it is not always accurate.  Any other opinions?

I purchased one a year back or so, my tournament partner had one for over a year before I got mine, and it was dead on (still is to this day). Mine was incredibly off, sometimes by 3-4lbs, other times by less. For the sale price, it's a killer deal, if you get an accurate one. I sent mine back to TW and they refunded my money.

Anyone else have any experience using this scale? I have been reading reviews that it is not always accurate. Any other opinions?

I have one that I do not use, the first one I bought worked well seemed to be accurate but it just died one day. I sent it back got a new one but it will not weigh the same weight twice. You can weigh the same fish 3 times and get 3 different weights with 6oz differences. For the price tackle warehouse has them though you can throw the scale away and just keep the cull tags. 

I've had one for about a year that has worked perfectly. I bought it at TW on sale for $79. :-? The reviews are mixed but at the current price it looks like a deal to me.

I have it.  Here's my take on it:

Pros:

- seems accurate 99% of the time

- the culling system works well

- good price

- easy to use

Cons:

- really slow to boot up and zero

- 1% of the time will give a weight that's off by ~1-3lbs.

The latter doesn't bother me too much.  I can usually tell to within 0.5lbs how much a fish weighs, so if the scale says something dumb I reboot it and try again.  Always works the 2nd time.