Sign in to follow this  
cjam93

Wilson Frazier Sonar And Gps Dvds

I had a chance in Greensboro yesterday to meet and talk with Wilson Fraizer and hear him speak on reading a depth finder. He is definitely a unique character. I was considering picking up his DVD series. Have any of you every watched his DVD series? If so I would love to know if you found it helpful or what your thought are on his DVDs.

Thanks

I have a few of his DVDs and they really helped him a lot.  I watched Sonar 101/201 and GPS 101/201.  I have not watched the one he does on side imaging.  I also have "Bass Under Glass"  from Ben Parker that has helped me some.  I have a Humminbird 798 and some of the things Wilson Frazier was talking about was for the Lowrance units.  However, the basics of sonar and gps applies to no matter what unit you have.  

The thing most helpful to me was about going back to your waypoints using GPS.  I found it difficult to get directly back to my spot on spot until I applied some of his theory.  Worth the money if you are a complete beginner.  Some of the more advanced people might think the things he teaches are elementary.