Sign in to follow this  
Darren.

Caperlan Premonition - One Slick Rod...

Don't know if any of you have seen one of these before, but I stumbled upon it while browsing.

At almost $500 USD, it is out of my range,  but a darn slick looking rod - at least I think it is.

Weighs in around 4 oz, and the different weights are magnetic inserts into the base of the rod handle.

Anyhow, just thought it was cool looking.

http://www.pecheur.com/en/gb/buy-spinning-rod-caperlan-premonition-85121.html

spinning-rod-caperlan-premonition-z-851-

Wow, that thing looks great.  I am always hesitant to get that  price point of rod since i fish fro ma kayak and things do get banged around a bit more than normal.  Although if the warranty is good it might be worth it, at least that is what i tell myself when i buy fly rods :) 

Wow, that thing looks great.  I am always hesitant to get that  price point of rod since i fish fro ma kayak and things do get banged around a bit more than normal.  Although if the warranty is good it might be worth it, at least that is what i tell myself when i buy fly rods :)

I could never buy something priced that high (unless I won the lottery). My wife would quickly deal with me and send me to the doghouse if I even entertained the thought.

Great looking, but I'm in the beer wallet, champagne taste category.

You are a better man than me because my better half doesn't have a clue how much my stuff costs lol

I am glad i haven't gotten into the high end stuff for conventional fishing gear though because it would be a bad thing......i can justify they fly rod though because in al reality it is one rod that can do all things from big streamers to poppers to bottom baits and everything in between which would take 3-4 set ups to do in conventional gear...so in all reality i am saving money :D :D 

You are a better man than me because my better half doesn't have a clue how much my stuff costs lol

I am glad i haven't gotten into the high end stuff for conventional fishing gear though because it would be a bad thing......i can justify they fly rod though because in al reality it is one rod that can do all things from big streamers to poppers to bottom baits and everything in between which would take 3-4 set ups to do in conventional gear...so in all reality i am saving money :D :D

LOL. Well, I have such a guilty conscience that I have to tell my wife when I've made a purchase I shouldn't have. The only one I've not revealed, so far, is the Avid. The Chronarch was after that, and fully revealed. Actually, she knows I have the Avid, but no details (and which needs to be replaced under warranty for broken tip). So I've had to make up for things with roses, "hey hon, buy whatever you want tonight" type of things. :grin:

The bad part is that rod is probably made for carp fishing...LOL!!!!!!! It does look like it is well made but I doubt it would go over too good here, look at the new St. Croix Legend Extreme, I see a lot of anglers that hate the look of it, I wonder how this one would go over, it would be interesting to see the response.