Sign in to follow this  
Crankhead

Cabela's Guidewear X300 Parka vs. Bass Pro Shops Pro Qualifier Parka

I currently have Cabela's Guidewear Parka (w/insulated zip out liner) & Bibs and think it's the best raingear being sold. I have owned 2 sets (parka/bibs) over the past 14-15 years and have been extremely satisfied with both sets. In the past I'd never considered buying the Bass Pro raingear (100MPH Gore-Tex parka & bibs) because of the gaudy yellow patch they put on both the parka & bibs. When I looked at Cabela's Guidewear parka (X300) recently, I've found that the insulated zip out liner is no longer offered. So I've been looking on other sites and came across the Bass Pro Shops Pro Qualifier's Gore-Tex Parka & Bibs which looks pretty sharp. There are no gaudy patches sewn on and the Pro Qualifier's description is very similar to Cabela's Guidewear. Plus Bass Pro sells a separate insulated liner that zips into the Pro Qualifier and priced about the same as the Cabela's Guidewear. So Id like suggestions from others who are looking to buy new raingear and what they've found out...which one is better...Cabela's X300 or Bass Pro Shops Pro Qualifier?

I have a Pro Qualifier jacket (not the parka) and Cabela's Guidewear bibs so I have the best of both worlds.  I doubt that you would be disappointed with the Pro Qualifier.  I like mine a lot.

Got Pro Qualifier bibs and parka set for my wife last year, and the set has been excellent.

Got a Cabelas MT050 bibs and parka set for myself. It's better. Hands down.

.ghoti...how is the guidewear better. I've always had guidewear but it really bugs me that on last year & this years model...there is no insulated liner jacket. With the current guidewear parka...I'd be ready for any type of weather in the boat. I'd like to hear from you where the Pro Qualifier comes up short. Thanks.