Sign in to follow this  
SkilletSizeBass.

Zappu pd chopper w/Jackall anomite shad

I've seen a little buzz about these lately and was curious if anybody has tried them? They may have just came out, or be hard to get. It is a good looking set-up, but why wouldn't another flat head jig work just as good? any suggestions on a similar set-up?

I recently picked up a PD Chopper, and intitial impression was that this was one cool looking swim jig.  And fishing it, I paired it up with an optimum double diamond and it looks great in the water, it has a subtle wobble and when at rest on the bottom it more often than not sits upright. I wouldn't buy another one because Optimum sells a similar jighead that I have only seen at basstackledepot.com and they come in packs of three.  They do not have skirts on them, but you can always add one.  At basstackledepot.com they also have a Double Diamond swimbait kit that includes two jigheads and four swimbaits, I also grabbed a pack of those and honestly cant tell the difference between the Zappu and Optimums. Lastly the Zappu PD Chopper is made of tungsten and the Optimum Diamond jighead is made of lead.  If you wanted to experiment, I would suggest starting out with the Optimum jigheads and customize them how you like.