Sign in to follow this  
tbone1993

Dobyns 765Cb Glass

Im 85% sure that I am going to get this rod. I just need to know why I would get the glass over the regular 765cb? I throw mainly sk 5xd/6xd and spro dd baits. 

I use graphite except for this rod. With that much line out, I want a rod that has more give to keep the fish pinned on. The 765 glass is my deep water rod but can be used for much more. A friend of mine uses it for big squarebills and spinnerbaits too.

I was in a similar situation last year and did a lot of searches and asking around before finally deciding on the 765 glass. Sweet rod and handles the deep divers very well... you won't be disappointed. 

I was in a similar situation last year and did a lot of searches and asking around before finally deciding on the 765 glass. Sweet rod and handles the deep divers very well... you won't be disappointed. 

what is the lightest bait you use on it? I know it says 1/4oz but would it handle a squarebill that size or even a wiggle wart? 

How does it do throwing traps?

My buddy loves it for traps.

After calling dobyns I am going to stick with the 765cb glass. I dont know why I buy any other rods than dobyns. Every time I call them they help me out immensely  and are a wealth of knowledge. 

• Like 1

Good call... you'll love it. I haven't thrown 1/4 oz on it (it is rated down that low), and your reel is more important than the rod at that point. However, I've thrown everything from 3/8 to 1 oz and been very happy. Enjoy!

Good call... you'll love it. I haven't thrown 1/4 oz on it (it is rated down that low), and your reel is more important than the rod at that point. However, I've thrown everything from 3/8 to 1 oz and been very happy. Enjoy!

Got myself a bb1pro so I should be set.