Sign in to follow this  
Punkinseedfyretailz

wobble worms

has anyone been fishing a wobble worm lately????  a buddy of mine got a few of the originals from a guy he's doing some work for...  i'd imagine that they are still productive, was thinking about ordering some for hh.  i tried to find some at bps but couldn't locate anything other than a timber doodle, but they're not quite the same

I have a bunch that I got on clearance.

Never caught a fish with their rig, but the worms are high floaters and do great on a shaky head.

The HHWobble is a knock off of the Wobblehead Worm (I think... Heck, it could be the other way around).

http://wobbleheadlures.com/id5.html

yeah it is a knock off.   i was just curious how many people still use this old time rig.   gotta fish them extra slow, the wobble makes them look like a snake coming through the water

I remember reading an article about catching big Florida bass using a Creme six inch worm on a straight shank hook rigged with a smidge of the worm pulled over the bend in the hook to give the worm a humpback shape. Made the worm swim and rotate. A swivel was advised and rightly so! This article appeared in the late 60's or early '70's probably in Field and Stream. Worked then, and still works today.

The Wobblehead Worm (http://wobbleheadlures.com)    is used a great deal in the cypress lakes in Louisiana and southeast Arkansas. During the summer months it is one of the most productive lures used in these types of waters. In fact, the hotter the weather gets the better it works and especially during the hottest part of the day.

I've been using it since the early 70's and have had very good success. It's not difficult to fish with, but you have to be careful because it will hang up.

When fish are suspending on cypress trees during the summer, it can be very productive. Especially is there is some vegetation mixed in with the trees.

Many summer tournaments are won every year with this lure.