Sign in to follow this  
stevecastle

Who`s Been Out Yet?

post-26257-0-63894400-1394487844_thumb.jWent out with my son to a local pond and found it still half frozen over. Tried real slow fishing but no bites. Then tried, just for kicks, punching through the ice just as our Canadian friends do. I got 4 nice bass between 1-2 lbs and my son got one also. Couldn`t believe it. We were falling about in laughter when i pulled the 1st one out.post-26257-0-65130000-1394487308_thumb.jpost-26257-0-73764000-1394487335_thumb.j

Great day out with some of the strangest fishing i have ever done.

• Like 1

That sounds like a lot of fun!

I've been out to some ponds a few times over the last couple weeks, but never for more than an hour or so at a time. I've been skunked each time so far, but was still glad to get out.

Tomorrow will be the better test, since I'm taking the day off to go fishing with my daughter (she's on spring break at the moment). So with a full day, there will be no excuses. Just kidding. I'm sure I will be able to think of 100 if need be:)

Been fishing for the last couple months. Just now starting to get good in the last couple weeks.

Went out today for about 3 hours, and it was pretty slow (but fun). I caught a 1lb-ish bass on a Senko, and a 4lb-ish catfish on a crankbait.

Also, I think I got a sunburn. It felt so great to be outside in weather that felt like spring.

Edit: I was fishing from the banks at Bear Creek Lake State Park in Cumberland, VA.

Steve, hit Lake Gaston this past Sunday.

It was a total disaster.

Before the steering went out on my buddy's boat we fished from 7:30Am o 2PM and never got a bite.

Water temps were in the low 40's and the lake was dirty.

Should have stayed home and watched the NASCAR race.

Glad to see some are out there braving the cold and wind. It was my 1st time catching on a jig. I had tried many times before but no luck so i kinda gave up on it. However i read the sticky on jig fishing and figured i would give it another go. Looks like i have another weapon in my arsenal now!

When I was out the first couple days of the month caught a 5 pounder on the third cast in a tournament and not a single bite the rest of the day won the tourney though lol

Tight lines

Andrew