Sign in to follow this  
buzzfrog

Halo Twilight

anyone have any experience with them It is the red series. I am "need" (want ;) ) the 7'6 for my other pitching, 1 for jig; 1 for plastics. any experience with these.

I do have Xp With this exact same rod. Last year I wanted the red series 7'6" also for this so I decided to take a chance and buy one. It was, IMO, A massive mistake. The first one I got was broken but it was just a crack running along the rod blank just as if It had been stepped on, I returned it and had another rod shipped and the second one had pitt's and places where the finish was knocked off and a couple of line guides did not quite line up right. I got another rod and it was fine. The rod looks great and it is very light but it ends there. The rod does not make a good jig/worm rod at all, the rod just fels dead. I'm not really sure how to explain this but it does not have the crisp thump most rods have when a bass strikes, the rod just has a dull thud. I now will fish moving baits with mine but I will not fish worms/jigs with it because you can miss light strikes with it.

• Like 1

No experience at all with that series but I have the deep cranking rod and it's pretty darn awesome...this is my second one. I sold the first because I needed cash. i don't get sentimental about my equipment. I will say that it feels a little hollow if that makes sense. I still dig it though.