Sign in to follow this  
MichiganFishing1997

Have You Heard Of Scales And Tales?

For the past two years I have met Bill McElroy of Scales and Tales Cartoons at my Bass Pro Shops during the spring classic.  They hire him for a day to draw cartoon fish, lures, or names on the cork handle of your rod.  If you have EVA foam then he can do it on the blank of the rod instead of the foam which would soak in the sharpie. I thought this was some very neat stuff and had it done to a few of my rods, so did my brother.  I just thought I would share it with the community. I thought it looked really great and I had never seen anything like it. It adds a little personalization and is a great conversation starter.  (I am by no means trying to advertise for him, it was only something I had never seen and thought others would find it neat too.)

As for how he does it, it is with purely sharpies and white out.  After he draws the picture on a layer or two of clear coat goes on and you're good to go! 

Pictured below I have a square bill between the split grip on my Clarus Crankbait rod, a Steelhead on one of my 8 wt fly rods, and my brother Tony has a Musky on one of his fly rods.

post-36613-0-38049800-1394648528_thumb.j

post-36613-0-22855100-1394648566_thumb.j

post-36613-0-81558100-1394648577_thumb.j

• Like 1