Sign in to follow this  
fishingkidPA

X-Rap

i got a couple X-Rap shallow diving shads for like 3 or 4 dollars at my sportmans expo. The only rapalas i have used are the floating rapalas, the countdowns, and the rattle traps. Are these good? will they work for SM too?

They are good! I've even caught large humpback perch on them! Just remember the long pauses after you get it to the depth you want. I've used them with and without the rear feather dressing.

Good choice.

Olive with white belly

Perch

White

Somthing crazy bright like firetiger

I like LC Pointers better but have 10-12 of these as well.

If you're talking about the Xrap Shad shalllow, they're a great bait for smallies and walleye.  I've not done much with them for largemouth. 

They're nothing like Pointers, or any other jerkbait.  They work with a motion much more like the shad rap.  I use them a lot like working a crankbait, except that I'm usually cranking to depth and holding.  They allow you to stay in a "zone" for a longer period of time while moving the bait very little sharp twitches work better than slow pulls.

i got a couple X-Rap shallow diving shads for like 3 or 4 dollars at my sportmans expo. The only rapalas i have used are the floating rapalas, the countdowns, and the rattle traps. Are these good? will they work for SM too?

Lets just say my best days fishing smallies on the river are thanks to this bait.

post-21899-130162888864_thumb.jpg

I have absolutely murdered Bass that were chasing shad during summer on both Beaver Lake and Table Rock with that lure in Purpledescent and Black/Silver.

Awesome lure.

Lets just say my best days fishing smallies on the river are thanks to this bait.

The bait you posted and the bait he's talking about are two different baits.

X-Rap..... Best thing since sliced bread.

Tight Lines

Pa Angler

The bait you posted and the bait he's talking about are two different baits.

Yeah I didn't catch that.....I have a few of the shads, but they don't see the water that often.

What color is this?

The clown colored X-Rap is what i tie on when im struggling to catch smallies

Good choice.

Olive with white belly

Perch

White

Somthing crazy bright like firetiger

I like LC Pointers better but have 10-12 of these as well.

Yeah, the Yellow Perch color is incredible coming through the water! I have caught plenty fish on mine!

Here is the link to the BPS website. My screename on there is Sach, look at the pictures I put up of what the fish did to my lure.

http://www.basspro.com/Rapala-XRap-Shad-Shallow/product/10202084/-1536553