Sign in to follow this  
sarcazmo

Lf First Hand Opinions Airrus Nano Fusion And Lamiglas Infinity...

In the market for a new rod or two.  Primarly for bottom contact, 1/4-3/8 t rigs and jigs with the very occasional 1/2 thrown in there.

So far I've heard nothing but good things about these rods... But there really isnt much out there.  I did a search for the nano fusion here and maybe 4 or 5 threads came up.

Can anyone that has used these rods comment ?  Thanks!  

Specifically interested in sensitivity, rod actions, etc.

I haven't used either, but for it's worth here is my two cents. I would go with the Lami for the limited lifetime warranty from a company known for there blanks right here in the State I live in. It also has what appear to be higher quality titanium guides vs. the black SS guides on the NF. I would be a little concerned about Airrus customer service as they are an Italian based company. If you're gonna buy one I would get it from Gary for sure. It sounds like he has an Airrus rep on board. The handle I'm not so sure about. Could get weird in wet and cold conditions. If it really does transmit vibrations better it could be good. There is nothing like a blank you can "hear" when you get a strike. The guide train seems to be some what of a spin on the Fuji rapid choke theory. I haven't looked at specs if they are even published, but I'm willing to bet the Lami is the lighter build between the two. Bucky paper scrim?? Who knows......good luck

I haven't used either, but for it's worth here is my two cents. I would go with the Lami for the limited lifetime warranty from a company known for there blanks right here in the State I live in. It also has what appear to be higher quality titanium guides vs. the black SS guides on the NF. I would be a little concerned about Airrus customer service as they are an Italian based company. If you're gonna buy one I would get it from Gary for sure. It sounds like he has an Airrus rep on board. The handle I'm not so sure about. Could get weird in wet and cold conditions. If it really does transmit vibrations better it could be good. There is nothing like a blank you can "hear" when you get a strike. The guide train seems to be some what of a spin on the Fuji rapid choke theory. I haven't looked at specs if they are even published, but I'm willing to bet the Lami is the lighter build between the two. Bucky paper scrim?? Who knows......good luck

Thanks for the input.

The lami looks great, their powers are a bit wonky but they really do look like nice rods.  I'm going to give Gary a call tomorrow and see what he says.  Who knows, I may buy one of each.  There was a video on youtube showing the amount of flex you could put into the Airrus without it breaking, it was pretty impressive.  I've talked to a few others that say the megaphone concept really does work.  One guy mentioned he was throwing a rage craw and felt something he didnt recognize... It was the claws flapping on the fall...!!! WOAH! lol