Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Havoc Sic Fish On A Chatterbait?

You think it would work, I mean swim good?

Absolutely. As a matter of fact, the In'Fisherman TV show this past weekend had a segment on the Sick Fish. Very positive. No reason why any paddle-tailed swimbait wouldn't work on a Chatterbait. I use hollow bellies and Swing Impacts now.

im a huge chatterbait fisherman. they do work and catch fish. but im not a huge fan of them.  lake fork live minnow with a paddle tail is by far the best swimbait for chatterbait trailer. super natural action and much more water displacement over a sick fish.... I do love the sick fish tho as a stand alone swimbait or on my a rigs

Thanks guys! I've tried the lake fork ones and work good. I however have a few sick fish and wanted another option to using them.

I'm also gonna try on a chatter bait a Havoc devils spear. Curious how well that would work.

look into the Lunker City Swimmin Ribsters. they are 10x more durable than the swing impacts

Different style plastic, but the yammamoto hula grub is absolutely dynamite on a chatterbait. It will cast a bit better than a large minnow type also.

I actually tried this yesterday. I had never thought to put a sick fish on a chatterbait before. I couldnt get the thing to swim straight, and it also seemed like the chatterbait would have periods of vibration, then none and back on again. Anyone else experience this?