Sign in to follow this  
Bassguytom

Ripping Lipless

I finally know what they are talking about when they say ripping lipless out of weeds. I was using a med/heavy rod with 30 lb. braid to a 14 lb. flouro leader. I had a very good day on the water today doing this with a silent rattle trap. I was using too light of a setup before to be able to rip out of the weeds. Most of my bites came right after I ripped it out of the weeds. This was really fun and I'm glad I finally got the right setup for this very productive method.

• Like 1

Always nice to have a plan that works!......Another tool in your tackle box ..... :respect-059:

Awesome, Tom. I have been fishing traps this week and got a huge bass on a rip out of weeds. Unfortunately I didn't re-tie when I knew I should have, and she tossed, turned, and jumped just off the kayak and the 15lb line broke. At least I saw her. She was big.

I know where you're coming from.  I fished 'Traps with a 6'6" MH rod and 12lb mono and could never rip them from the weeds. Occasionally I could tick the tops of the weeds and luck into a few, but it wasn't until I switched to braid that I really got the knack of ripping the bait to clear the weeds and that's when this became a top producer for me.

• Like 1

Nice. Rip n lipless are a gimme around here fun way to fish.